Do those numbers sound right, taken in a garage, rather than in a hyperbaric chamber? I ask because I checked the compression in my '74 Spider a few weeks ago and got 155 all the way across, and I thought those numbers might even be a bit high. Taken in an area with 14.7 psi as atmospheric pressure, what should compression be, with 9:1 pistons? with 10:1? I know cam profiles should matter, too, but how much? Anyone out there care to give us a quick lesson? Thanks.

Regards,

Dean

At 05:22 PM 11/8/2002, you wrote:

Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 14:46:47 -0500
From: "Heikki Rinta-Koski" <hrk951@domain.elided>
Subject: Compression followup

Thanks for the advice, Alfisti

I asked about compression and I had 90-120-120-150 previously. When Oil was
added the first came up to 150 range.

Following the advice on this list I added Marvel Mystery oil to warm engine
from plug holes and let it stand overnight. Drove around a little more and
measured compression again.
190-190-193-195 Great!

Thanks again

Heikki Rinta-Koski