Re: High Oil Pressure

Jon,

FWIW, the Alfetta with this problem is my 7th Alfa
with the twin cam engine; I'm somewhat comfortable (as
a user) with most aspects of them. :)

>> If you're seeing 30psi at idle with the engine
>> warmed up I'd have to say that's definitely high
>> oil pressure!  Most Alfas I've had/been in (4
>> or 6 cyl) have almost zero pressure at idle, and
>> no more than 57psi at anything over 2000rpm.

When you're seeing something close to zero at idle,
you're seeing the effects of the fact that your engine
will have dropped some of the plugs from the crank.

That's a common problem - my spider in Dallas suffered
from it - and as long as you have good pressure at
revs, there is no issue with this, but I think you'll
find that 20 - 30 at idle when warm is what the
pressure should be.

Both my GTV and the Alfetta run at those levels ...

g.
Gary Stark
gstark@domain.elided
http://redbacksWeb.com