Re[2]: SCCA Runoffs

On Tue, 05 Nov 2002 20:50:00 -0600 Warp <WarpOMatic@domain.elided> wrote:

>     Jack Beck always used to have a great Alfa entry. I wonder if
>  he'll be there this year?
>     I wonder what happened at the '96 FF race?

it was just one of the best races i've ever seen.

two fast drivers went out quickly and spent the first 85% or so of the race
dicing for first place. bruce may hung back around 3rd and 4th the whole
race, keeping in touch, but also preserving his tires. when the front
runners finally ruined their race rubber, may came out and took the race.

it was a real work of art, and exciting as hell to watch. i was in the
tower during the race, and subsequently watched it on video and confirmed
that it was just as good then.

richard