Possible Brake Problem

I have a '91 164L with ABS. I got stuck in backed-up traffic on I-40 in
Arkansas last weekend. It took two hours to travel about 5 miles. So, I was
creeping along, and sitting for 5-10 minutes, creeping some more, etc. About
1-1/2 hours into this my brake pedal travel increased quite a bit. Maybe
half the distance to the floor compared to normal. The brakes felt fine
other than the increased travel. Once I escaped from this traffic tie-up and
was traveling at normal speed, the brakes returned to normal. Has anyone
else experienced this? Any ideas?

Wendell Murray
Memphis, TN
'89 Spider Veloce