Re: Tool selection

To your list of tools I'd add one angle grinder with a braided SS wire brush for removing paint/rust/welding scale and one with an regular abrasive disk. I have one good grinder with the abrasive disk, and a cheapo import one with the brush. The import model is loud, but I always wear hearing protection, and for $18 it's hard to argue.

One very neat tool is the Fein Multimaster. It looks a bit like a grinder, but it works by vibration. I use their HSS saw blade for cutting sheet metal. It works just like the saws doctors use to remove casts. One technique I used was to tack a piece of sheet metal over the repair area. I then cut out the bad area and the patch at the same time. The result was a perfectly shaped patch, with just the right amount of kerf for welding back together. All the other accessories make it really handy around the house... a perfect complment to a dremel tool. It is very well made.

http://www.feinus.com/multimaster/newimages/newmultimaster.htm

Surprisingly, amazon.com sells them, at decent price too.

--Mark