105/115 flasher unit replacement

Hi Group:

Has anyone ever tried to replace the flasher unit from a 115 (i.e. a '74 Spider) with a modern electronic equivalent? The original flasher in my Spider is fine, but I was thinking about replacing the tail light bulbs with brighter LED equivalents. I don't think they'll trigger the flasher because they don't draw enough current, as the LEDs "bulbs" typically draw ~100mA each. I suspect the single-filament signal indicator on the dash might be an issue, too. Of course, the brake and parking lights will work OK, and those are what I'd most like to have brighter, but as long as I was replacing bulbs I wanted to do them all. Ideas?

Regards,

Dean --