La Carrera Panamericana

Hi all,

From Mexico some news on the Carrera Panamericana. This year a total of 82
cars made the start from Tuxtla Gutierrez in the south of Mexico and will
head to Laredo by the Texan US border.

A total of 8 Alfas entered this year's race. From the Scuderia del Portello
two 1900 in one Clay Ragazzoni the ex-F1 driver, one Sprint driven by Prisca
Taruffi (Piero's daughter) a Giulia Spider driven by Arturo Merzario a very
famous Italian driver and a GTV. One GTV from Texas driven by  from Peter
Vigliano. Another Sprint driven by Jorge Alija defending the Club Alfa Romeo
Mexico's flag and a Giulia Spider from Canada.

As of Saturday four Alfas were top on their class: Clay Ragazonni, Arturo
Merzario and  Pricsa from Italy and Peter from Texas.

As of Sunday Clay went off the road and turned over with no mayor damage,
they will get back tomorrow. The Alfa Sprint from Jorge Alija had a major
engine failure and is way behind. Peter Vigliano still is head of his class
with some minor problems with header cracks and little stuff. The Giulia
Spider from Italy is a PROTOTYPE, FAST car!!!!

I was following Prisca in a Limited stage to Puebla and we were doing
arroung 100 mph! I was OK in a Jeep but they were really hustling.
Afterwards she said she was only "crusing", yes a little arrogant but very
Italian.

Hope you all enjoy this. I am feeling LOUSY too just look at cars, maybe
next year I will make it!!!

Regards,

Eliseo Carrillo
Club Alfa Mexico