RE: brand vs. model

hi all,

well,  prospects of a gnu yob have me thinking i may have to break down (no pun intended!) and get a "normal" car.  the ~90 mile/day commute would likely be supplemented by another 50-150 mile/day driving for the yob itself.  dunno how long the trusty ol' '86 shankle-ized 3.0 gtwe6 could take the abuse.  as if it's not awreddy getting enuff - that shankle suspension on a street-car is *not* healthy for a cars' structure!

on the prospective shortlist are the 5-door svt focus & the 5-door golf 1.8gti.  if i can bear the thought of a car that costs quite a bit more than my pantera, (and, assuming the travel allowance is as genorous as promised), i may consider the infinity g35 sedan.  (i was considerably underwhelmed by my friends' latest 3-series bmw purchase - what a numbing experience.)  the g35, a 260hp 3.5l we6, w/rwd, & soon to have a 6-speed manual, may be yust the ticket...  of course, yust picking up another milano, 164, & gtwe6 instead, for ~30-50% of the price of the infinity, also seems like a viable alternative! :>)

doug s.