I say why not take the company public? Shares could be sold to fans worldwide, with no shortage of buyers. As a shareholder I wouldn't lose sleep if the company never made a lira, as long as it could survive and continue to keep the marque alive in perpetuity. Most all of the other greats have gone, with even Porsche selling out. Anyone out there want a Cayenne? Mssrs. (Drs.) Porsche and Ferrari both must be spinning in their graves.

Regards,

Dean

At 04:25 PM 10/23/2002, you wrote:

Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:38:14 EDT
From: GLewis4457@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Alfa and GM

In a message dated 10/23/2002 9:55:43 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Also remember that this is a company (GM) that wants to make money,
> and they make about $10k per vehicle selling trucks with station wagon
> bodies to the uneducated masses

Not only do they want to make money...being an investor owned company it is
their fiscal RESPONSIBILITY to maximize their investors return.  Remember,
Ferrari is largely privately held, as is Porsche (I think) and do not have to
answer to investors.

Jerry in Houston