Italian govt scrapping plan

My Italian friend,  Andrea Nistri,  to whom some of the digesters have
also made acquitaince,  has been telling me details of a new govt plan
to increase car sales (presumably Fiat) in Italy.

They had a previous scrapping policy some years ago and they will be
trying again,  this time the handout is to be 3400 Euros,  and the body
shell does have to be scrapped,  though mechanical pieces can be removed
at salvage yards.  A lot of older classic cars that are just in so  so
shape, will obviously go when this plan is implemented.

So,  if you have had your eye on a classic Alfa or Lancia on a Italian
Mercato website,  maybe you should take a quick year end vacation and go
fetch it soon,  afore it ends up at a scrapyard.

Ciao,  Jay