Re: alfa-digest V8 #1244

Very Little Alfa Content but maybe a point or two worth considering...
Several years ago a friend of mine picked up a TR-8 convertible from an
unhappy owner. Seems the car didn't run too well and was going to be
expensive to fix... To make a long story short, the problem was the British
induction/exhaust systems. A trip to the local Pep-Boys and the local speed
shop resulted in a V-8 powered spider with around 200-215 H.P. A few other
changes resulted in four wheel ventilated disc brake and the ability to stop
as well as it went. I believe the suspension kit was from Harvey-Bailey but I
really don't remember. What I do remember was that we could keep up with C4
Corvettes, the total price of all the aftermarket goodies was $2100.00 and we
installed all of them ourselves in two weekends. Modifying existing systems
works far better than reinventing the wheel...
Thomas Gonnella