first post - looking for a 1.7 quad boxer engine maybe

Hi Fellows,

	I'm an Australian with a pair of 33's.  Both stock, an '84, and an '87.

	Both are normally aspirated 1.5, 5 speed boxers.

	I've replaced many bits on both, as one does with vehicles of this age, and
both have given me enormous driving pleasure, and that tiny twinge of regret,
when they break.

	I'm now rebuilding the 84, and taking some time on it.  The engine and
gearbox have been extracted, and are on the bench. ;)

	Bits for the gearbox have been sourced from http://www.turinimports.com.au,
all except the indent pauls, which have to be sourced from a dealer, (any
Australian dealers reading this please mail me off list).

	The gearbox outer casing looked gorgeous after being shot peened, and sprayed
btw.  Turin Imports also have suspension bits, which need replacing too.

	I'd like to pose the question, what should I do to the 1.5 to give it that
extra zing that only a 1.7 quad has, apart from replacing it with a 1.7 quad?
;)

	I've seen a pic on the net of a blown 1.5, although I cannot remember where.
Are there any Australian shops who would be able to advise me on mods, or be
able to do the work to get up around the 150-180 hp that I'm looking for, or
should I move both of these much loved Alfa's, and go for a V6?

Regards

Reid Hall.