Re: Brera

At 2:56 PM +0000 10/13/02, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 09:08:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
Subject: Re[2]: Brera

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 00:35:13 -0400 Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided> wrote:
  Transaxle does in fact mean it's mounted in the back, like an
 Alfetta, or in this case like the current Maserati that Giugiaro
 borrowed the drivetrain from.
umm, transaxle means that the transmission and differential are a single
unit. front drive cars generally have transaxles too.

now if it's a rear drive car with a transaxle, that's the
alfetta/gtv-6/milano/75 configuration we all know and love.
Well, yes, of course. I suppose I should have said "Transaxle IN THIS CASE does in fact means it's mounted in the back, like an Alfetta..."

Joe Elliott