Steel-braided brake lines

Has anybody used successfully the steel-braided brake lines that
Centerline Alfa sells? I bought a set for my Milano a few months back
and now that I've finally gotten around to installing them, I've found
that the diameter of the flare of the couplings is too wide and shallow
and won't match the flare of the pipes correctly! Any information on the
flare angles that Alfa uses and that of these hoses? Any suggestions on
where I can get the real McCoy, Earl's brake lines? All comments on
brake matters welcome. Thanks.

David M.
87 Milano Gold