FrankenSpider update ... Road patched!

Thanks for all the notes sent about the damage to FrankenSpider's sump. As of this time, I can report that all the parts ordered (upper and lower sump, gaskets, engine mounts, fan shroud, engine guard) have all arrived, excellent service from Linearossa and Centerline Alfa. Now I'm just waiting on the availability of my mechanic to get the job done and see if there's anything wrong in there that we didn't catch on the first look through.

For those traveling on I-280 in the SF Bay Area (southbound, about 1.6 miles south of the Page Mill Road entrance onto the highway), I'll report that I discovered CalTrans must have responded to complaints ... On Friday I found a 3" plus thick asphalt patch on the damaged bit of roadway in lanes #3 and #4 as I drove back from a lunch meeting. I stopped and recorded it ... This is evidence, coupled with the prior photos I took of the damaged road, that there was a serious problem there. Perhaps it bodes well for my damage claim to CalTrans when I file it...

Godfrey