Spider driving experiences (and smelling like exhaust)

Is it just me, or after a day's worth of driving do you other spider owners
also smell like car exhaust?  Is there a way to direct airflow from the rear
of this car so that it doesn't push the exhaust back into the cabin?
Obviously, good straight fast driving should be the cure, but unfortunately
there are people ahead who insist on using brakes on the interstate.

After rebuilding the rear suspension (new bushings, shocks, etc) I must say
this car is TIGHT.  I was driving home last night on a set of new tires, and
it occurred to me just how smooth this car was.  I have no idea how fast I was
going, as my speedo doesn't work, but it was faster than most of the traffic,
and the car felt glued to the road.  I'm a bit curious about the steering
though.  If I give a steering input, the wheels do not recenter themselves.
Instead, I continue on the track of the last steering input until I center it
myself.  Is this normal?  What a fun little gokart this is.  Time to attack
the front suspension now and get it like new!

Greg