RE: odd ex-cars

Top that!!, you say... that's easy my good friend. A Fuego is a luxo cruiser
compared to both of my Simca 1204s, a 71 and later a 69. I built an
additional
baffle around the alternator to keep it from blowing diodes every time I
went
through the smallest puddle. I also parked next to a driveway that went down
underneath a building to pop start the engine if it was even the slightest
bit damp. Nice cars. I still can't figure out what possesed me to by the 69
after all the crap I took from that 71. I later bought a Dodge Omni with the
bored and stroked rebadged Simca (Pueogot) engine. Oh by the way, I also
owned
an 100LS, for around two years, actually liked it even if it did go through
it's
inboard front disc brakes like me through a pizza. By dad bought it over a
BMW 2800
because he didn't want my brother or I killing ourselves in the much faster
BMW.

John Katos
West Dundee, IL USA

Alfa Bill wrote:
>I feel better now, I've never owned a Vega.... An Audi 100LS once, for 3
>hours... and a Renault Fuego.... top that!!
>( I actually miss the Fuego).

AlfaBill
AlfaBill LLC
Tampa Florida USA