Alfetta Sedan Project - Adjusting rear brakes

The resuscitation of my 79 Alfetta sedan plucked for storage in a southern Michigan garage continues.

The good part - She's running better and better. Replaced the TA which helped a lot and completed the first steps in the SPICA tuneup procedure from AROO.

Unsprung weight or no, the rear brakes are a pain to work on.  I have tried to adjust the inboard and outboard but nothing seems to happen regardless of how much I turn the screws/nuts.  Also the handbrake adjustment is maxed out.  Does this mean that there is just no adjustment left?  If this is the case, logic says that I will need to back off the adjustment when I install new pads. Yes?

Thanks,

Don

91 164S
86 Graduate