164 rattle

Hi folks -

My 1992 Alfa POS, er, 164L has an annoying rattle that I've been unable to track down. It *sounds* like it's in the passenger compartment, coming from the left rear, and is rather unmuffled-sounding. Happens all the time when traversing any sort of bump in the road. My mechanic couldn't find it either, despite riding in the back set, riding hanging out the back door, and riding in the trunk. Says we may have to disassemble the rear suspension to see what it might be. Before we go that route, might you have any ideas?

Dave Pratt
Dedham, MA
1974 GTV
1974 Spider