POS 164 LS

Hmm, I haven't heard the probable bargain price that this car was had for... I
have to side with the critics. If you buy a near 10 year old car with high
miles, good luck and caveat emptor. You can't predict a heater core giving up.
Leaks? fact of life. You bought someone else's mostly used up car and expect a
new car. You can't steal im and get a perfect car in most cases.

When I buy a 164, it typically goes home on a flatbed, and then I sort it out
without drama and emotion. I expect issues and am very realistic as to what I
am buying. It's not a Camry.

I'm a huge fan of the 164 series.  I have very little time for a 94 or 95 164,
not because they aren't beautiful cars, they are stunning, but because of the
problematic engine systems, (coils, belt drives etc) lack of parts
availability due to low volume, and limited service training for a VERY
sophisticated car.

The previous owner probably did care for it. It's old, well used and an Alfa.
What did you really expect? Also, buying a car like that and not turning your
own wrenches? It will eat you alive.

Not intending to be a wet blanket, but we are enthusiasts in here. We accept
our cars for the, umm... {insert PC here} characters that they are. I have a
164 automatic for a daily driver. It's great, dead reliable and pleasant. I
also put alot of sweat into it to get it that way.  Last week when an 11 year
old trans cooler hose gave, I wasn't mad. It served well. Want no drama? buy a
Taurus.

If you are in over your head, get out NOW! It will only get worse as your
buyer's remorse increases.

Good luck, sincerely,
Bill

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Notebook.jpg]