Re: How does one "search" - the digest

On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:35:23 -0400 "Daegrigg (Don)" <daegrigg@domain.elided> wrote:

> Ok,
>
> So I am (relatively) new or I was just asleep during that part of the
> briefing but how does one "search" the digest.  I am aware of the old
> 164 digest that is searchable but clueless about this one.

the current volume can be searched using the marc search, as can a
percentage of two of the previous volumes. to search the current volume, go

/alfa/archive/v8/

and select "search archives"

i think that v6 is complete, and mhonarc broke during v7 so the web archive
is incomplete.

if you are a un*x user, then you can grab all the digests back to the
beginning of time (or at least, the beginning of the digest) off the ftp
site, unpack them, and use the "grep" command.

richard