yummy brake rubber

In a message dated 9/28/2002 12:31:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

>  I never run DOT 3 fluid.  I have run Castrol ever since I owned a
> British sports car 30 years ago.  In those days, DOT 3 fluid would eat the
> rubber parts of the brake system.  It is probably better today, but old
> habits die hard.

It will still eat the softer brake bits on a Milano, I know from personal
experience.  Don't try to get fancy; use what the factory says to.  They
sometimes do know what they're talking about.  And they make delicious brake
masters, too!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA