Timing tweeks for '78 Spider...Comments?

Any suggestions for tweeking the timing on the just-acquired '78?  Car was
grossly out of tune and mis-timed when I bought it a few days ago.

It now has a complete ignition tune-up, including a conversion to single
points, on the stock Marelli distributor.  Spica is well-tuned!  Cam timing and
valve adjustment is right on and compression is good.

There is NO air pump and NO catalytic converter(test pipe!).  Idle is timed
with a light at 750 rpm on the 'P' mark with maximum advance ('M' mark') at
5,000 rpm.

It now runs well, starts instantly(didn't before!), idles smoothly, but seems
like it should have a bit more power at high rpm.  Should I set the timing
differently?

I originally set the timing to get the car to idle smoothly at 750 rpm with the
idle air bypass screw nearly all the way out.  It just so happened that the
timing was nearly right on(see above) when I checked this setting with a timing
light.

I'm thinking I might advance the timing checking ONLY for maximum advance('M'
mark) at 5,000 rpm and then lower the idle speed back to 750 rpm by turning the
idle air bypass screw back in.  Sound like this is how it should be set up?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jeff