Re: Nervous Newbie

Tess spaketh thus:

>Ohmygosh, you're not proud of this event? But true Spider lovers >really *live* for the opportunity to swing the rear end of their cars. >And they don't care overly much who's looking (as long as it's not the >local gendarmerie.)

I did this very thing in front of a very cool cop shortly after getting my Spider.  I had just dropped a friend off at work, and while pulling out of the parking lot, swung the tail around.  Seemed like the best, most efficient way to get my car headed in the direction I wanted to go...ahem.

Mr. Police Officer pulled me over, and god bless the man, the first question out of his mouth was "You mad, or showin' off?"  I realized that driving mad was not wise, but would imply that I didn't *mean* to do that.  So I told him some line about being ticked off, and ended up getting off with a verbal warning.

Of course, the fact that I had a local license and was now a city resident, instead of the out-of-town college student I was a few months earlier, probably didn't hurt.

- Paul Witek