67 GTV oil temp guage

The needle on the oil temperature guage on my 67 GTV doesn't seem to
move off the peg. What temperature reading should I hope for if all is
running well, and is the guage something worth spending money on, i.e.,
should I be keeping an eye on the oil temperature? I already have one
eye on the oil pressure, the other on the water temperature, and then
one or the other on the fast-dropping fuel gauge...

Tom H
67 GTV
85 Spider
79 GIOS Torino