Sway Bar Mount

I pulled the engine in my '74 GTV this morning for a general freshening.  In
the process, I had to remove the left front sway bar mount in order to remove
the sump guard.  The bottom bolt was very stubborn and eventually broke off
below the hole.  Has anyone had this happen?  I will attempt to drill it out
without damaging the threads too much.  I can't really tell what it threads
into.  If the threads are damaged while removing the bolt, will there be
enough matrial to tap it one size larger.

Any thoughts from someone who has been through this would be appreciated!

Erik Wood
''74 GTV
'56 Giulietta Spider