Re: Irrelevant digression on the warm-up thing (and Magnecor)

<snip>

John H.
bumpers, and New York license plates. The whole field ran across the track,
fired-up and turned right peeling rubber with nobody apparently pussyfooting.
Certainly the more serious preparators would have been finely balancing
clearances, viscosities, temperatures in all systems, but it still looked like
a far cry from our car-coddling. Of course they weren't all looking beyond a
few thousand miles.
Well not that many people do Formula 1 - style starts on their way to work,
but I could be wrong. :-)  Its nice to think about those Le Mans starts, I
wonder if they had maybe used Luca's warm-up approach, or something
similar prior to the actual running (no pun attended) of the race.

and to balance out the filter-to-noise ratio,
http://www.saabperformanceparts.com/prod01.htm
This site discusses the Magnecor 8mm for those who were interested...

Ryan