Re: alfa-digest V8 #1151

In a message dated 9/23/2002 11:40:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Yes, I know "Verde" is Italian for "green" -- kinda surprising, though, that
> they translated it into the US DOT database.
>
> This begs the question, though: are green things in Italy more valuable
> than
> Silver, Gold or Platinum things?

As I recall, Verde was the top of the line 75, possibly added after they'd
already concocted the metal range through Platinum.

But, as you know, Alfa is a Milanese company and the all-time great son of
Milano is Guiseppe Verde, so perhaps that adds in.  When he died, I think in
1900, there was a cortege of over ONE MILLION PEOPLE following is coffin
through the streets of Milano.  Even a century later that kind of impact can
linger...

So, perhaps it's not meant to be a color at all.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA