Re: Bugatti origins

Very true. Ettore Bugatti was born in Italy but lived most of his life in Molshiem, Alsace-Lorraine region of France (near the German Border). Bugatti ran his automobile factory like a small fiefdom, complete with racing horse stables (he called his cars "Le Pur Sang des Automobiles" 'The Purest Blood of Automobiles'). The grounds held a 5-star hotel and restaurant where clients could stay when they came to Molshiem to collect their new automobiles. Bugatti (called 'le Patron' by the faithful) died in 1946 and for all intents and purposes the Bugatti automobile died with him.

George Graves

On Friday, September 20, 2002, at 10:16 PM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:12:42 -0500
From: "Peter Webb" <webb.p@domain.elided>
Subject: Bugatti origins

Bugatti. Well, kind of. There is a new(ish) supercar (or is it stupidcar?)
called the Edonis by B Engineering.
Last I read (Autoweek I believe) Bugatti, though baring an Italian name, was
in fact French engineered and manufactured. Inspired and designed by an
Italian none-the-less.

Autoweek has been known to be wrong before so I don't claim this info to be
gospel.

- -Peter