re: pizza (NAC)

<rant>

At 1:59 PM +0000 9/20/02, Luca wrote:
Anyway you forgot PIZZA
While I'm in an angsty mood--another thing that bothers me a lot more than it should--why the hell can Americans pronounce PIZZA correctly on a daily basis, but even when they're in a restaurant ordering pizza they can't make the connection and pronounce MOTO GUZZI correctly??

I mean, Bur-toan, Lan-see-uh, Lambra-ghini, Odd-E, Murker, and Porsh I can pretty much deal with, Puget and Renalt even, but since people pronounce the Italian zz correctly every day, why does Moto Guzzi elude them? And I'm getting tired of this "Aprilla" nonsense, too--I would have thought it was entirely obvious that Aprilia essentially has four syllables!

</rant>