Re: Aircon (no specific Alfa content)

most systems have a li'l screen at the expansion walve, which prevents dessicant from messing w/the compressor, if the dryer has self-destructed.  the screen yust clogs, & the coolant doesn't flow anymore.  the dryer itself may also clog, if left exposed to the air for more than a short time, even if the dessicant remains intact.  i've experienced both...  ;~)  the whole system may need to be flushed by an a/c pro, if there's crud clogging the screen.  yust cleaning it & re-charging may *not* solve the problem - it may yust clog again...  i've *yust* experienced this w/my pantera, even tho it had a gnu dryer installed.  i tink this is someting related to the previous owner...  yeah, that's it - it was the prewious owners' fault!  :>)

doug s.