Re: alfa-digest V8 #1136

That sure sounds like my car, but I haven't driven it since Sunday, the 15th when I took it over to Castro Valley for the ARA board of directors' meeting. I can assure you that it hasn't left my garage since then. However, I have driven by that intersection numerous times in it. No, the script is not original, but since there was nothing on the back of the car identifying it and I think the 'GTV-6 2.5' badge is tacky, I wanted something on that spoiler.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6

On Thursday, September 19, 2002, at 04:18 PM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 19:12:43 -0400
From: BrianPal10@domain.elided
Subject: Re: badging

In a message dated Thu, 19 Sep 2002 20:42:57 +0000, owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

Yesterday, whilst standing in front of my office in Mountain View,
a black GTV6 drove by (Hope and Evelyn, in case you're on the list).
Appeared to be an '86 model from the body-color-below-the-rub-strip
and the wheels.  I noticed that there was a script-style
'Alfa Romeo'
badge on the hatch, left-hand side.
That was probably George Graves' car. He lives in MV or Sunnyvale. Was that you, George? He has the Alfa Romeo script on his car. I don't think it's original.

Brian
'82 Spider