safety

In a message dated 9/17/2002 7:16:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> we need cars with hard dashboards gauranteed to break
>       heads, glass which breaks into tiny pieces to embed
>       in flesh, steering columns to spear drivers, cars
>       in which the crumple zone is the front seat(s),
>       vehicles which are sure to become as flat as possible
>       on rollover, bumpers at whatever height is cheap for
>       manufacturers, ineffective lighting, unrestricted
>       exhaust gases to asphyxiate occupants and the populations
>       of densely populated cities

Oo!  Oo!  Can we also have those little needle-nosed rocketships that used to
stick off the front of car hoods to impale hapless pedestrians or those
knife-edged tailfins that could make anyone walking behind you into a
shishkebab?

I miss the good old days!

Remember when James Dean's leather jack sleeve got caught on the inside door
handle on the chicken run and he couldn't jump out before the car plunged
over the cliff?  That was a great little feature right there!

Charlie
Corvairs and Fieros 4 sale cheap.  This week's special: Pinto!
LA, CA, USA