Alfa's side airbag

John H. wrote:
>In the seventies Alfa did much work on safety (including developing and
>patenting the side-airbag head protection,

John,

are you saying that the side airbag we are getting now on moder cars
is an Alfa Romeo developmente and patent?
You also say it's a 70s thing, aren't you?

I am amazed to know this, but I'd like to know your sources please.
Human achievement is something attracting me a lot!

Question: why side aribags are common on nowadays car and weren't
at all on 70s, 80s  cars?  I mean, my 75 is a '87, at leat 10 years
after that patenting... but it came w/ no front nor side airbag.

Luca

nodoubt,
"With dreams to be a king first one should be a man" Joey DeMaio
937, 75 Turbo, RM250

http://nvr2fst.supereva.it