To Rebuild Calipers or Not...?

I am reasonably sure my front brake calipers, particularly
the passenger one, are on their last legs. The car sat a
long time. The brakes pull left, and the outer pad on the
passenger side caliper is worn down about twice as much as
the inner one. I tried working the pistons in and out as
described in the Alfa Bible, but to no avail.

Rebuilt calipers are $90-$100 bucks each and a rebuild kit
is around $40. Is rebuilding the calipers myself worth the
exposure to solvents and possibility of future brake
failure? How tough is it? Are rebuilt calipers from
someplace like IAP, or Rayce Inc. reliable? Is there a
better source? Is there a cheaper source?

Thanks,
Jason Glover
'76 Spider
Bellingham, WA