Milano - to part or not

Once again, I've reached that time of tough choices. I (like many of you)
have a car for which there is only a small enthusiast market. And there
seems to be very little enthusiasm for this car.

The realities of being a single father of two -- even with a fairly decent
salary -- have come home. I simply don't have the necessary time to keep up
with the needs of an aging Italian car approaching its 200th mile. Were this
a 'normal' car, I could waltz down to the local 'normal' car dealer and
trade on a respectable used or even new one.

I've offered the car for sale but have been underwhelmed with responses. Who
wants to travel for a rough looking '88 Milano -- even with 'S' cams and
pistons? Maybe someone...but at what price? $2000? $1500? $1000?

So, now it comes down to this choice: sell it off at whatever price is
offered or break it up into parts. Cast your votes, folks...the first 2,000
takes the whole car, the first $900 in hand takes the
50,000-miles-since-rebuilt 'S' cammed 3.0 engine. Any takers for decent
Kumhos on Phone-dial wheels at 90 each? For a well-behaved ABS pump? A
complete set of new giubos for 140?

I really hate to do either! But I really need a car which fits into my 18
hour days of kids & work.

What would you do?

- Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA (eBay ID ejham_2001)
  1988 Milano Verde - 1976 Spider (my only running cars)