re: Milano Heater control Questions

hi steve,

this is mechanically controlled.  mine was in the same condition, when i got my 1st werde back in '92.  w/o the help of any manuals, or the digest, i pulled everyting apart, & discovered the control wire is attached to the back-side of the fascia w/li'l metal clips to plastic tabs.  the plastic had broken, so i jury-rigged someting to work, w/a small fuel-line-sized hose clamp...  which is why the knob now doesn't wanna easily go to the complete detent position on the defrost side.  tho it *does* completely move everyting to full defrost position on the insides...  andy shor, present owner of the car, should be able to werify this...  ;~)

doug s.
<<<How is the air flow controlled? When I turn the control knob it stays on
dash vents. Is it electrically or mechanically controlled. I can not
tell from the Car Disc and I have not torn into it yet. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.>>>