Why Do Alfa's Burn?

I've noticed a disturbing trend on several trips to an import car
wrecking yard in Vancouver BC. Around half of the Spiders I come across
are victims of fire. The cars appear otherwise undamaged, and in pretty
good shape. Tires, chrome, paint on the trunk lid etc. are all in good
condition. I've seen 70's and 80's cars that are burned. As I recall,
the Alfas seem to be the only cars in the yard that are burned (MG's,
BMW's, Porsches etc.). Does anyone have a theory as to why Alfas seem
prone to catch on fire, or is this just an instance of bad luck for four
or five Canadians?

Jason Glover
'76 Spider
Bellingham, WA