Re: Alfa's return/FWD Alfas

dsedon@domain.elided wrote:

nicky,

yure certainly right that the dealer quality is what sells cars as much, if not more, than the actual product.

dug,

I think that's a big part of why the Germans have been so successful
here. It can't be the reliability - ever looked at how big the service
depts are in a Mercedes or BMW dealership? They sell a lot of cars but
they also have a lot of cars pass through the workshops and not just for
oil changes.

re: the 164, for me, i dismiss it cuz it's a luxury car,

bah, comfort!

(as michael smith sez - "it's *not* a sports sedan)

see my previous post

, not my cuppa, really.  if i ever wanted, or could ever afford a new luxury car, tho, you can be certain it would have *at least* awd, tho i'd prefer the simpler rwd layout...

I don't blame you at all for your mild preference for RWD. Given my
druthers, I'd like to have the Alfa De Dion transaxle even with the
vague linkage.

yust in case ya wanted to know... ;~)

I knew that :-)

regards,