RE : 1974 gtv molding attachment

>>i've secured replacement moldings from Re-Originals

>>what kind of adhesives do folks use to hold these in place

richard,

i just replaced those on my 73 GTV.  the old ones were riveted
into place.  yea, silicone won't hold for long on that stainless.
also, the rubber might contain lubricants or mold release
that would repel the glue.  i prefer not to use glues to replace
mechanical fasteners.

i purchased a whole box of appropriate pop rivets for soft
surfaces to replace those 4 on the window tracks.  with these,
a piece of the shaft is not left behind, only the aluminum.
i still have almost a whole box left , let me know if you want
some.  anybody else want some too?

the rivet gun head did not fit into the window track,  so i luckily
found some misc little hardware laying around to use as
spacers between the rivet head and the gun head.  the rivets
were a standard size shank, not metric like i think the originals
were, so i needed to ream the original holes out slightly with a
drill.  i also had to pull out the wind wing rubber for installation.
it really was a reasonably easy job.

if you're interested i could give you some more tips on this
offline.

-dion fields
-EDGE disegno industriale
-73 gtv