Re: 164 A Sports Sedan?

I have a great deal of fun pushing my 164S very hard down Highway 1, where I
live in N. CA. While I am the first to agree that the car was never intended
to match the tossability of a GTV6 or a Milano, it can be driven very
quickly, with passion. Since the US never got the final Q4, all wheel drive
version of the 164, the argument holds up. The day after Thanksgiving last
year, I had the pleasure of driving one of two known 164 Q4s in the States
down Highway 1 in the wet. It went like hell and handled very much as the
Audi A6s I have driven. I think we in the States would have a slightly
different opinion of whether the 164 lives up to the sports sedan moniker if
the Q4 had reached these shores. If the 155 Q4 had reached us, we would all
be smiling even more.

Rich Lasner
1992 164S
ARA