alternator

The Bosch alternator is fairly simple. The Car disc CD has good instructions
on servicing it. I had poor charge from mine and I thought that it was worn
brushes. When I pulled the alternator apart and cleaned it, I found a broken
wire to one of the diodes. I re-soldered it and 20,000 miles later it is
going strong.

I suggest that you take it apart and check it

Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
73 GTV

>Last winter I installed a rebuilt alternator in my 71 spider.  It never
worked right so I sent it back for warranty repair.  It worked great for six
months and now I am getting no amps out of it.  I think this particular unit
is haunted, so my question is to those in the know:  Should I purchase an
identical stock alternator and from what source has been reliable? Or is
there an upgrade to a newer or otherwise different alternator
that works correctly on this car?  Any advice is humbly appreciated and
eagerly awaited.
Brian Ancelin
Denton, Texas