Fuel Filters

My Spica injected Spider had a sudden loss of power on an
incline into the parking garage at work this morning. The
low fuel pressure light came on and then went right back
off. It's always gone off almost instantly when I turn the
ingnition key before engaging the starter and never come
on while driving. The fuel pump sound the same as it
always has and it ran down the freeway just fine
yesterday. I'm guessing a fuel filters are the first place
to start, but maybe a delivery pump problem. The car has
sat for the better part of the last 5 years, and I've
never changed them. Is there any advice on any other
service I might want to perform on the fuel lines while
I'm at it? Also, is there any reason not to but a
similarly sized in-line filter for the tank filter rather
than but the $15 one from IAP? I'm sure someone will want
to flog me for even asking, but it's only email.

Thanks,