Re: Color of side marker lights

Hi Randy:

The side marker lenses are supposed to be amber in the front and red in the
rear.  The light assemblies are generic and were used on quite a few cars
from Italy, probably all the makes you or I could think of.  They're
interchangeable front to rear and year to year.  If my '74 Spider ever sees
any new paint, those lights are coming off and the tiny front euro ones
will take their place.  As far as I know the rear side markers weren't
commonly used in Europe.  There are also various colors of front and rear
signals, too.  The fronts (fitted only from '71 - '74 in the US, but 'til
'82 in Europe) were all orange in the US, but for Europe some were all
clear and others were half orange-half clear.  Those "half and half" lenses
seem to be all that are readily available now.  I recently saw a vendor
advertise a set of all orange lenses for $200+.  Rear signals can be either
red or orange, and the US cars switched from red to orange in '79.  Those,
too, are interchangeable among all the series 2 Spiders.

Regards,

Dean

At 11:27 PM 9/10/2002, you wrote:
>Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:13:42 EDT
>From: Raldel@domain.elided
>Subject: Color of side marker lights
>
>       A question to the list: Are all early to late 70's spider side marker
>lights the same color, and what color were they? Are they interchangeable
>from year to year? Thanks in advance!
>          randy

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of EuroSpider.jpg"; x-mac-type="4A504547"; x-mac-creator="4A565752]