From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
PETER FUGEDI
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 4:15 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: SPICA manual comparisons

I always thought that the Spica manual sold by AROC is the same as the
one that Wes Ingram has put together.  I have just been informed that
they are different.  Can someone who's seen both let me know what the
differences are?  What is the general consensus, which one is
preferable?  I've already ordered Wes' book, since he is the authority on
the subject. I am totally clueless about the SPICA.  I would like to find
a book that gives me a good thorough explanation of how it works,
internals etc.  After reading that I am hoping that I will comfortable
enough to try to trouble shoot it myself.  I know that Wes's book has
a step by step guide.  I guess what I want is a book that not only tells
me step by step how to do it, but also why.   I have a feeling I will end
up buying both (at about $25 each it's still cheaper than one hour of my
mechanics time) but any advice would be appreciated.   Thanks,Peter79
spider