Re: OSI with Taunus engine, and Duettos with various nice wheels

Sonny is of course correct that Opel is GM and Taunus Ford, unlikely
bedfellows. John de Boer gave one Greg Parigo as the source for his listing of
the Taunus-engined Opel OSI; the Ford-engined ebay car looked Opelish enough
to suggest a possible spurious attribution. Nothing I saw or that Jack Koobs
de Hartog mentioned included a reference to an Opel OSI. John de Boer's
registry is a treasure, but he would be the first to say that it
unquestionably contains errors which he always hopes to correct in following
editions, and the next edition (due out in 1999) is awaited with baited breath
by his hundreds of admirers worldwide.

I had forgotten that I once evidently took Biba to task for admiring Daytonas
on Duettos; please think of it as a chronic contrarian's overstatement. I
actually think Daytonas are pretty nice, as are Panasports. "Styled" wheels
took off in the seventies after a vigorous start on show-cars in the sixties,
and sometimes I just feel like arguing for the very nice less aggressively
designed wheels of yesteryears.

As always, enjoy yours -

John