Re: 164 pricing.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Webb" <webb.p@domain.elided>
To: <alfa-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, September 02, 2002 9:23 PM
Subject: 164 pricing.

> Daegrigg (Don) wrote:
>
> > Generally, would not offer more than $1500-200o.
>
> That might be a little low and insult the owner.
> Unless s/he's desperate to sell.  I was going to say $3000.
> Don may be more familiar with the pricing than I.
>
> Never thought I'd see the day a 164 would go for Alfetta money.
>
> -Peter
> --
Peter,

The range I suggested was from a defensive position.  Of course, haven't
seen the car in the metal, but from what Bob described,  there are a lot of
uknknowns with potentially high dollar consequences.  For a used car (all
Alfas), I start with what the car is worth in good condition, nothing needs
to be fixed - brakes, A/C, dents, etc.  From there you discount what you
must spend to get the car pass safety inspection, possible smog,  as well as
you own esthetic standards - some can live with dents and fading paint, some
not.

At any rate, no science here.  So the price suggested maybe starts witha
drive off price of $3500 - $4000 and deducts from that.

Just my thoughts.

Don