sudden electrical failure

While on a weekend cruise in my 82 Spider, the electrics shut down and the car stopped. No gauges, no starter...nothing. After sitting for the time it took me to open the bonnet and stare pathetically at the motor, the electrics came on and the car started and ran for about 30 seconds before shutting down again. Battery connections were good, opening the fuse box and wiggling things around a bit resulted in a resurrection of the electrical power but it worries me.
Any thoughts as to where the weak link in the electrics could be ? I'm guessing a bad ground but before I tear into the fuse area, I'm asking for ideas.
Thanks
Brian