Let's straigten the record and my bumper

NAC, so go to AC, below, if you'd like:

Roger told me to:
>Take your own advice!
>As I advised earlier; folks who don't like SUVs or their drivers - keep
it to
>yourself-I tired of reading it on the Alfa digest and I resent it!
>Roger

I say:
    First, Roger, I gave no advice.  Second, you can resent it all you'd
like, but you'd be making a splenetic mistake.  I didn't voice anything
against SUV drivers; I'm one of them.  I do, however, have a problem
with small-minded people, such as the original poster and one or two
others, who spout hateful things against people who are different.
Folks need to know that others on the digest refuse to sign up to their
way of thinking.  I tried not to respond to all this SUV craziness,
hoping it would go away if I ignored it, but when the digest was debased
in this way, I had to say something.  So, resent away, Roger, but try
understanding my post first.
    Now, can you guess how many digesters have written me saying,
essentially, "thank you for saying what needs to be said"?  You seem to
be the only one who doesn't get it.

AC:

Now let's get back to Alfas.  Can anyone please tell me how I might
prevent further corrosion of the metal inside my 77 Spider's original
rubber bumper?  The rubber is split in a few places due to the force of
the corrosion that's already occurred inside; fortunately these cracks
toward the bottom so it still looks good.  I recently pulled the rubber
apart, along the seam going down the outside middle and tried to shoot
it full of Wurth's Rust Preventer.
Any ideas?  I'd like to convert to a chrome bumper someday, but that's a
bit expensive.

Doug

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of dharris.vcf]