Towing a spider, SUV's and the Movie, "The Graduate". Where's the car?

Greetings Alfisti !
     After reading though the 3 month backlog of Digests on the computer; I
wanted to ask a question and throw my 2 cents in on a couple of recent
threads.
     First, on towing a spider about 600 miles. If you can take the
driveshaft out super. But, you can tow it just about as easily without the
extra effort. One thing you do want to do is check and make sure the fluids
in the rear end and  transmission are topped off . Another thing (I'm
assuming your'e using a tow dolly, right ?) is to make sure the tail pipe has
adequate clearance. Some of the roads you may travel might be a touch bumpy;
one good whack on the very low hanging tailpipe could play havoc with the
exhaust system.
 A friend is actually towing a "beat to death by a former girlfriend" '74
spider ( and a VERY sweet new lady friend  who loves Alfas )from Virginia to
Washington state right as we speak (Bryan Carter, Rosso 75 if you know him) .
He's flat towing  (tow hitch connected to the bumper mounts directly )it with
the transmission and driveshaft out. We topped off the rear end and he's
calling me nightly from the road reporting  zero problems. Flat towing is an
option.
     So the SUV thread is rearing it's ugly head again? One thing to say on
this subject.  SUV- YUK. Enough said.
     My final question is regarding the movie the Graduate. My wife and I saw
it on cable last night  and the missus asked me if the Duetto used in the
movie was still around. Does anybody know? A Saturday afternoon snuggled up
on the couch with the missus watching a great movie with Alfas in it is my
kind of afternoon.Yeah !
     Take care and enjoy these beautiful machines !

Terry and Sharon  Akins
Alexandria,VA
1973 2000 Berlina (Bernie, driven daily)
1978 Alfetta sport sedan  (running  beautifully again with fresh motor
transplant.SPICA IS better than Webers......  Thanks Mike Mihm !)
1979 Fiat X 1/9 (new this week, nameless as of yet)
a whole bunch of bland rental cars...........